Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Homecoming!

The last weekend was Homecoming weekend here at Tulane university. I have to admit, I had no idea was homecoming is about and wasn’t aware of its importance!

Homecoming is an annual tradition at American universities to welcome back alumnis (=former students) and usually this is celebrated with some cheerful events going on, for both alumnis and current students.

So Saturday there was a big Tulane homecoming event on Champions Square which is next to Luisiana Superdome, a large sports arena in the business district of New Orleans (Superdome is the arena where Superbowl mostly takes place and also where people were evacuated during hurricane Katrina). The party started in the morning already with music and free food and drinks. It was such a nice and sunny day! Then, in the early afternoon, Tulane’s football team played in Superdome against Memphis and we went in to watch it. Interesting, but unfortunately I don’t know any football rules, so mostly, we were just watching the fans screaming and cheerleader dancing haha! 


Unfortunately, I have some problems with the memory card of my camera right now so I can only show you a few pictures that Mirta took but I will hopefully be able to upload more soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment