Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Living in "The Big Easy"

Hey lovelies! I have been here in New Orleans for over a month now, wow time is running! What can I say… I’m having a blast! I love exploring this wonderful city. I love walking around, seeing the houses here, the streetcar, the people, the music, … I love catching up the feeling of this city! Also, I find it so interesting to get to know so many new people, not only Americans but also other exchange students from different parts of the world! My studies are also going well and, lucky me, I am not too busy. I had my first test today, I think it was ok! Another good news is that I finally bought a bike! I am super-happy because it’s so convenient for shorter distances, especially for grocery shopping (it’s not like in Vienna where you can find a supermarket on “every corner”!) Besides it's also good for getting on time to my 8a.m classes after a night out ;)
Aaand I’m going to New York during my fall break in October! I’m so excited!

Hope everything is fine at home! 
Love,
Lisa

PS: I’ve been a bit lazy with taking pictures lately but I will try to improve! Here are some fotos of the last 2 weeks:


with french friends
fantastic live-music @ Maple Leaf

with Monica & Maria

crazy Bourbon-Street

participating in a mass at a gospel church
having dinner on Magazine Street

caesar salad
Renate with seafood-stuffed pepper

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Lisa!

    Ich lese immer aufmerksam deinen Blog und wünsch Dir weiterhin eine schöne Zeit.

    Mittlerweile ist ja meine Hochzeit vorbei und ich bin schon verheiratet :-)
    Schade, daß Du und Klaus nicht dabei sein konntet. Es war ein sehr schönes Fest.
    Damit Du trotzdem einen Eindruck gewinnen kannst, kannst Du hier (www.herlindroman.jimdo.com) schon die ersten Bilder sehen. Es folgen am Wochenende noch viele weitere. Auch die vom Profifotografen.

    So I wish you a nice stay in America furthermore.

    lg Roman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roman!
    Freut mich dass ihr ein schönes Fest hattet und generell dass ihr 2 euch gefunden habts :)
    Bin gespannt auf die Fotos die noch kommen!
    Alles Gute weiterhin!
    LG Lisa

    PS: Ich finds sehr cool dass du meinen Blog liest! ;)

    ReplyDelete