Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday

The Friday after Thanksgiving is known as "Black Friday" in the States. The thanksgiving calmness is over and it's crazy shoppingtime! In fact, a lot of malls open at midnight or in the early morning hours. Bargain hunters are waiting in line for the shops to open because a lot of them grant special deals. I went with my roomies Carmen and Mirta to Lakeside mall to check out what is going on - however around 10am and not in the early morning. Surprisingly, it seemed like most of the really crazy action was over and the most fanatic shoppers were sleeping blissfully already. There were a lot of people indeed, but not as many as we expected. And some shops, for example American Eagle and Abercrombie had really good deals, they had 40 % off on everything. However, I have been shopping enough lately so I managed to buy only a small christmas present ;)

After checking out the mall we went to visit the Metaire cemetery. I have to say that I'm usually not a fan of "cemetery-tourism" but as the cemetries in New Orleans are very unique and famous it's a thing to do when being here. Since the city is more or less built on a swamp and the water-level is therefore very high, the deceased have to be buried above ground, mostly in elaborate stone crypts and mausoleums. They look like this:



Ok now I think I worked up the most things about last week I wanted to share with you guys. I hope everything is fine in good old Austria and you had a nice first advent sunday. I'm getting a little bit nostalgic right now when I think about the beautiful christmasy Vienna :) Have a good week cuties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment