Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving week

Hey lovelies!

I'm having Thanksgiving-holidays at the moment (Wed-Sun). Since we all kind of spent far too much money during our fall break, we decided that it might be the best choice not to travel but to stay in New Orleans and use the time to discover the city a little bit more. I feel like there are so many places we haven't seen yet!

Tuesday evening Renate, Maria, Miriam and I went out for a dinner to Jacques-Imo's, a popular restaurant on Oak Street which serves typical creole and cajun cuisine. I really liked the way the restaurant looked and its ambiance with paintings all over the wall and ceiling and colorful lights. Everyone enjoyed the food as well!

funny sign outside


in the front my vegetable-curry, in the back Renate's alligator-cheesecake

corn-bread, so good!



After the dinner, we went to Maple Leaf Bar where different bands are performing every night. On Tuesdays the Rebirth Brass Band plays, which what I heard is the best. It was already the second time I saw them and I was enthusiastic again! This is New Orleans :) 

I found a video on Youtube so you can get a better picture of the music and atmosphere!


with 3 bandmembers




No comments:

Post a Comment